5. Bank of Scotland’s clever video looks at the millennial conundrum of getting out of the parents’ house, with a guest appearance and sage advice from the imposing James Cosmo of HBO’s Game of Thrones.
4. Nedbank out of South Africa brings us another horse-centric video, this one three minutes long and featuring a cinematic opening, middle and ending.
3. Singapore-based United Overseas Bank (UOB) looks at the old nature vs. nurture debate, with a modern detour to discuss the possibilities of selecting certain traits in children through genetic engineering.
2. Get out your handkerchief for this Commonwealth Bank of Australia spot. You’ve been warned.
1. Ally FInancial’s “mute button” is our pick for the best bank of the year. Or maybe ever.